Registed and regulated by:
Here is who we are and key information you need to have in compliance with legal regulation on mortgage advisors (Ley de Contratación de Crédito Inmobliario, ley 15/2019 de 5 de Marzo).
(The below information applies to cases from the 1st of August 2022 onwards. Please check here for details of any cases prior to 1st of August 2022. )
From here on, we can refer to the company as Hipoteken SL or Hipoteken indistinctively.
Our role, purpose and regulation.
– We are regulated by EU Directive 2014/17/UE and following Spanish regulation applying this LCCI (Ley Reguladora de los Contratos de Credito Inmobiliario, ley 15/2019 passed on 5th of march 2019).
– This European law and subsequent Spanish law regulates all the parties related to the information, prescription, application process and in general, any party involved in the process of obtaining a proposal for a residential property loan (mortgage).
– Hipoteken (under its legal company Home Finance Spain SLU) is registered under this new law, with reference number D647. You can see our registration letter here.
The list of registered companies under this new regulation can be checked here.
– Hipoteken works in an independent way, not tied to any one lender, collaborating with the following: Banc Sabadell, Bankinter, Bankia, Abanca, La Caixa, Deutche Bank, Kutxabank, Cajamar, and UCI, amongst other possible lenders. These lenders are specialised in real estate related loans, and they are selected as we consider they are especially able to work with international buyers as well as national buyers.
– Hipoteken offers mortgage advisory services (“asesoramiento” as covered in the Spanish regulation). We do not limit our service to an introduction to different banks or a single bank.
– Hipoteken charges an administrative fee to start the process. The company has the right to determine this fee and it will be clearly communicated to clients when starting the process.
– Hipoteken’s main income consists of success fees. These are covered in most cases by the lenders. These fees vary depending on bank and mortgage, if at any point in the process you would like to know more about this just ask and we will inform you.
– In certain cases, in order to make sure our clients have access to more banks independently of their fee structure with us, we do charge a broker fee. This will be stated clearly in the application process and offer. This fee is only charged in the case of success and clients will always be able to compare and have the choice of taking any of the mortgage offers obtained, independently of their fee structure.
– As per the aforementioned EU directive & Spanish law requires, we hold a public liability insurance, currently held by the company with Lloyds – Exsel Underwriting agency S.L., policy number BASWZ164923450833.
The above information is an orientative translation of our transparency and identification obligations within the LCCI laws. You can see the legal spanish version here.
Hipoteken offers clients customer service and claims service. You can address this service by emailing email@example.com or by postal mail to – Hipoteken International Mortgages. Customer services. Gran Via Marques del Turia 69, bajo izq, 46005 Valencia, Spain.
The company’s legal obligation is to reply to customers’ claims, in case presented in the right form and way, within a month of their presentation. In case the customer does not agree or is not satisfied with resolution, the Bank of Spain’s Claim service is available, and can be used within a maximum of 12 months from the original claim presentation date.
The above information on our claims service is in compliance with the requirements of information we have to provide in accordance to see the legal Spanish version you can download it here.